10.3.10

My sister loves me!

My sister loves me! A bunch of other people love me too. I had my birthday back in Feb. I am now the big 2-8. I had a great birthday! I went shopping with my Mom, my Sis, and my closest friend Mary Ann, and birthday money, yay! This is probably my most favorite group of women to be with. We went out for lunch after, all child free, which was a heavenly break. Kent put the kids to bed while I got Chiante take out. It was perfect! What was especially fun was that people really know me! Mary Ann gave me Martha's encyclopedia of crafts! and My husband was so brave and so Awesome because he ordered a dozen or so BATHING SUITS from Victoria Secret for me to try and pick out the keeps for our vacation coming up this May (our first real one ever, and without children)! He got sizes right and everything! Babe your the best!
But this year I was especially touched by my sister's gift for me. Nicole you got this one completely right! I have made a lot of quilts but never really for myself. Plus it's just not the same making it yourself. Well my sister made me a quilt! It's totally bohemian, bright, fun, with a vintage sheet on the back that is SO wonderful! I am so proud of you Nicole for how you have immersed yourself in sewing and quilting and just so pleased that you included me in your gifting of such talent. You know I love you! So this quilt got a post all it's own!

8 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome job Nicole!

Mary said...

What a great quilt! Sounds like you had quite the birthday celebration, too!

Terri said...

Great quilt and a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Mom said:
Whaddya mean 'probably'? LOL
It was a fun day, and Nicole and MaryAnn really nailed it. The quilt turned out so well, and its really exciting seeing what the next amazing and creative thing Catherine Nicole will come up with next- I think this was her most ambitious quilt yet, new techniques and all. Hat's off to you both- I'm completely verklempt trying to combine more than 2 patterns- well done.

Alanna said...

See with your quilting talent, I would be WAY too intimidated to make a quilt for you, where you could analysis on your on time for mistakes. But obviously the talent runs in the family. Good job Nicole. So glad your birthday was a good one!

Anonymous said...

Wow Nicole you did a fantastic piece of work in your sisters quilt! You are a lucky girl Liz!
Happy belated Birthday!! love Aunt Bunny

Sarah said...

What a beautiful quilt!! And even better that it was made by your sister :) Happy birthday, Liz! It sounds like it was wonderful!!

Cheryl Arkison said...

Happy Belated Birthday! And what a lovely quilt.