21.5.08

Shingles, not on the roof!


(This is not a picture of me, but it's what shingles looks like)

So the other day, I am complaining about baby flub. Say what you want, I know I have some and i am dealing with it! So I am complaining to my sister and lift up my shirt to show her my trouble spot. That's when she points out that I ALSO have a freaky rash to worry about! What the! I look down and sure enough. I call Dr.Mom and she thinks it COULD be heat rash. i take this diagnosis even though it's over the phone and really we are basing it on vague description and the pics on the internet. So Sunday i ask Dr Larsen (B in-law) when this heat rash is expected to go away. he finds this fishy. i show him the suspected area, which has now spread across my stomacha nd wraps up on my back, and gotten uglier. Yeah, he says that's not heat rash go to the doctor you have shingles!!

So I went to the doctor the next day and sure enough i have shingles! What are the chances!!! So now I have this ugly and getting uglier, itching to no end, rash with stabbing pains that resinate in my side freaky illness! So it's basicly the chicken pox virus becoming active in my body again in the nervous system, thus the pain. So this last awhile. More then a weeka nd I am irritable! This sucks. you don't want it! meanwhile I just want to itch itch itch all the time, but I don't think that looks very appropriate. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

The Taylors said...

aaaaahh! Sorry to hear the news!!! that sucks a lot!!! And i am so glad that Vienna didn't eat her poop, I was so worried reading that post until the end. i would say she is ready!! Don't worry too much about the glasses she will be cute no matter what you put on her face! I hope you feel better soon!!!

Dana said...

Oh man that sucks! I'm sooo sorry!

Ranisa said...

I am sorry Liz, they are no fun...or so I hear. My aunt had a poop experience with one of her kids-be glad that Vienna put hers into the toliet and didn't paint the bedroom walls, floors, bed, and shove it down the heat vent instead of taking a nap! Not a fun clean up.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Who gets shingles?! You poor girl! How are you managing?

Mandi said...

That totally cuks. I have actually had shingles twice before. I know, random. I am so sorry , its painful!

Anonymous said...

yea so listen to this my mom planned a family vacation for my brother, her and I to go to Jamaica before I left for college. So we leave for Jamaica and I am completely fine on the way there. As soon as we walk up to the reservation desk I take my shirt of because it is sweltering hot and my mom notices these little red rashes on my left side and back. She exclaims that I have the shingles. So they weren't so bad for the first two days but when the third day rolled around.OMG! The blisters had spread covering my whole back and side. Huge monstrous blisters along with SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE sharp almost electrifying pains jolt through my back and side. I'm not gonna lie it is the first time I cried since I was about 10. So the next day we get a Jamaican doctor (costing my mother 750 (american) dollars. I recieve a super strong pain killer and the doctor tells me I cannot fly on a plane with the shingles and I am quaratined until further notice, in Jamaica. So after about 4 days of severe and agonizing pain, I am cleared to leave. BEST DAY OF MY LIFE! This vacation getaway quickly turned into a severe nightmare and painful vacation. DONT GET THE SHINGLES...IF YOU DO GOOOOOOD LUCK!

p.s. I hope mine don't come back!

Anonymous said...

its the 1st time getting shingles how do u treat them pls help

Anonymous said...

well..im 14 and i already got shingles..WORST thing i have gone threw possibly..and i have scars to deal with..its been like a year and they are still there..but atleast they are healed.. :)

Anonymous said...

oh man, i know what you talkin' about!

i have them too, and im only 17!!
:(


its so uncomfortable! i want to rip my hair out lol!

Anonymous said...

im 24 and finding it hard living with this its only my 3rd day bt the pain is awful,im so irritable and im petrified shingles is going to leave ugly marks on my beautiful back

Anonymous said...

im 24 and finding it hard living with this its only my 3rd day bt the pain is awful,im so irritable and im petrified shingles is going to leave ugly marks on my beautiful back