6.6.07

If only!


If only Evan's monsters were this nice! Evan is absolutely terrified of the monsters under his bed. I have mentioned them in previous posts. But this little "issue" now deserves it's own entry! Evan's monsters are waking me up in the middle of the night and keeping me awake for 2 or more hours!! How rude! Every night for several night now just as Kent and I head off to bed Evan wakes upa nd it take sus that long to get him calmed down, or scared into calming down and back to sleep. I ahve tried everything I can think of!! We still have one more trick to try. My sister suggested having Kent or I dress up as a monster and stow under his bed. Then The remaining parent can take Evan on a monster hunt. He gets to kill the monster and whala! If this doesn't work I don't know what will! Evan has a very legitimate fear of having his door closed which also adds to all the trama as he is tired and irrational through all of this. I need hi to sleep through the night so that Kent and I don't go insane! PLEASE HELP!

2 comments:

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Give him his own water spray bottle next to his pillow and tell him it's Monster spray. Anytime he thinks a monster is around he can spray it and the monster will vanish! :)

Does he have a night light? Maybe you guys should just co-sleep till he's 20 or so. LOL!! No really, I feel your pain I'm just tapped for other suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Monster spray sounds like a good idea. I'll just leave it up to you to find an incredible solution that I will use when my children have that issue! Yes, I think that's a good plan. You can go through all the tough stuff and then when it's my turn I'll have solutions! Ha. Just kidding. I know it doesn't work that way. I remember one night, my mum came into my room and shut my closet door and told me that she's always closed her closet door from when she was young. From that day forward, I couldn't sleep unless my closet door was shut. Not so much now that I'm married. Oh and I find it hard to walk up to my bed and get in. I much before to jump in (because of the monster under the bed blah blah). And I can't walk up stairs from the basement. All my life I've imagined a ghost chasing me. So I always run. And if I do dare myself to walk, I always go quick up the last few steps. So I mean exhibit A - I turned out just fine. Has Evan watched Monster's Inc? Tell him the monster just wants a friend. Good luck!!